Thursday, January 8, 2009

Introduction

Dear Friends:

What great days we've already had - and we haven't even gotten on the plane yet. Many of us have been able to attend the pre-trip seminar and have gotten immersed in geography, history, religion, theological thinking, and personal stories of people who have lived in Jerusalem and Nablus. Everything we've learned has just made us want to learn more !

When I was in seminary, this trip just didn't fit into my schedule. However, since I am in a transition time in my life right now, this trip fit perfectly into that time. I have visited other countries in the region but had never visited Israel so I'm glad I'm able to go at this time.

I just graduated from LPTS in May and am not actively seeking a church call at this time. My call right now is to spend some time with my mother who lives in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Fortunately my sisters and brothers-in-law live close to her and are checking on her while I am gone. I am thankful for all of them!!

Before I came to seminary, I served in the Army for 22 1/2 years as a JAG officer (lawyer). I had lots of great jobs while I was in the Army. I was in charge of two legal offices, one in California and one in New Jersey, and was a prosecutor, defense counsel, ethics attorney, and an appellate judge during different times in my career. It was a wonderful first career for me.

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel. Please keep all the people in this region in your prayers also. May the Holy One bring peace not only to this region but throughout the world.

Diana Moore

No comments: