Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Peace in Jerusalem

I will keep this short because it has been a long day. The best part of my day was going into the Chuch of Mary Magdalene. We met this lovely woman who had moved from California to the convent there in the White Russian church. She eagerly showed us the church and explained the beautiful paintings inside. She didn't preach at us, but shared her faith in a way that it was clear she could not keep it in anymore. It was refreshing to see this. I enjoyed the stories and hearing her passion about the church. There was something peaceful about it.
I was less excited about the stations of the cross and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. For the stations, they were just so minor seeming and surrounded by current life. The church was too divided and a bit too much for me. I felt like much of it really was too focused on his death, when I think, personally, we should focus on Jesus' life and ministry and resurrection.
It was still a great experience.
Peace,
K ><>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day! Enjoy Jerusalem :)

We had a lovely dinner with your husband again today - TGI Fridays. They were having free chips & salsa for the inauguration & we had a coupon for a free dessert - I'm stuffed!

Danica's been loving the snow. She greets me at the door now! Yes! I'm in the in crowd!